Fact: diversity = Cold Hard Cash
Cold, hard cash: Companies with greater diversity have better business results and lower rates of sexual harassment. And at a time when, as one VC puts it, an act of "unacceptable behavior" can "blow up" a whole firm, there's serious money on the line.
Fact: Diversity drives revenue growth:
- Strong correlation between number of women on boards and in the C-Suite, and a company’s ROI, ROE and ROS;
- Gender-diverse teams have higher profitability and greater client satisfaction than all-male teams;
- Companies with the most women on their boards had a 26% higher Return on Invested Capital.
Fact: Mentoring has a positive impact on mentors, mentees, and the bottom line.
- Small business leaders receiving 3+ hours of mentoring achieve higher revenues & growth and their business survival rates are 2x that of non-mentored entities.
- Mentoring has a strong positive impact on large company mentees, producing more highly valued employees, higher salaries, more promotions and higher retention rates.
- Mentors and mentees in company mentoring programs were promoted six and five times more often, respectively.
Fact: Women make a team smarter
- There’s little correlation between a group’s collective intelligence and the IQs of its individual members. But if a group includes more women, its collective intelligence rises.
Fact: Healthcare is an industry that is behind
- Recent research by Corbette Doyle, Ph.D.,: the proportion of women working in Healthcare is 50% higher than the average industry, suggesting women may be struggling to rise even more in Healthcare on a proportional basis.
<6% of women are Fortune 500 Healthcare CEOS
Fewer than 18% of startups have women on the founding teams. By the time companies reach their Series B funding round, the number of women in the C-Suite has dropped to 12%